Love Proper Good's Southwest Chili? Pair it with these Fajita Packets that have been seasoned to perfection, and are loaded with colorful veggies. Mexican night can happen just about anywhere with this easy, outdoor recipe.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
1 lb. Chicken Breasts, skinless and boneless, cut into thin strips
(optional) 1 1/2 cups Instant Rice, brown or white, cooked (or use Proper Good's Quinoa and Brown Rice Blend)
2 Bell Peppers, sliced into thin strips
1 Purple Onion, sliced into thin strips
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 packet of Fajita or Taco Seasoning (or use Proper Good's Spicy Seasoning)
Tortilla Chips or Flour Tortillas
1. In a bowl, stir together the instant rice and half the taco seasoning with 1 1/2 cups water. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, toss together the sliced chicken, bell peppers, onion, olive oil, and remaining taco seasoning until well combined.
3. Cut the tin foil into four 12" long rectangles, then line the insides with a piece of parchment paper that is smaller than the tin foil piece.
4. Evenly distribute the rice into the four prepared tin foil packets, then add the chicken and vegetables on top.
5. Press the tin foil edges upwards until sealed together.
6. Keep cold until ready to cook.
7. Preheat grill to medium heat, then add the foil packets and close the lid. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Add you favorite toppings and enjoy!
Make it a meal! Enjoy with our Southwest Chili.
Lauren from A Bright Moment Food Blog created this amazing recipe!