The spookiest plant-based appetizer you'll ever have! These Jalapeno Poppers are just as good as they are cute!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Proper Good Spiced Pumpkin Soup, for serving
6 Fresh Jalapeños, sliced in half lengthwise and de-seeded
8 oz Dairy-free Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Dairy-free Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
1 Lemon, juiced
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
1/2 tbsp. Spicy Brown Mustard
Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
Candy Eyeballs, for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese, mustard, lemon juice, and parsley until well-combined. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
3. In each halved and de-seeded jalapeno, add a generous dallop of the cream cheese filling.
4. Roll out the crescent dough, then slice into 1/4" strips.
5. Wrap the 2-3 dough strips around the stuffed jalapeno, connecting each strip together on the backside. Place on the prepared baking, then repeat with remaining jalapenos.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Let cool a few minutes before adding the candy eyeballs.
8. Serve with Proper Good Spiced Pumpkin Soup and enjoy warm!
This recipe was crafted by the lovely Lauren at A Bright Moment Food Co. Blog!