Southern Chicken Puff Pastry Hand Pies
Made with Proper Good's Cream of Chicken Soup, these Hand Pies are both comforting and delicious! With a golden brown crust and filled with veggies, these hand pies make for the perfect winter meal.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30min
Total Time: 40min
1 14-oz box of Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
1 12-oz Proper Good Cream of Chicken
2 ChickenBreasts, skinless and boneless (substitute with 3 cups Rotisserie Chicken)
1/3 cup Frozen Peas
1/3 cup Frozen Corn
6 strips of Sugar-Free Bacon, sliced into small pieces
1/2 Leek, finely chopped
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large frying pan over medium high heat, add the olive oil.
3. Add in the chopped leeks and bacon. Sauté until the bacon is golden and crispy, about8-10 minutes.
4. Stir in the frozen peas and corn.
5. Add the chicken breasts, season with the salt and black pepper, then cover and lower heat to a simmer to slow cook for 20 minutes, or fully cooked. Let rest 5 minutes uncovered before shredded in the stand mixer or with two forks. (If using rotisserie chicken, simply add in the shredded chicken, then cook on medium heat until the corn and peas are thawed.)
6. Pour in the cream of chicken, stirring until all ingredients are well combined. Set aside to cool while you prep the pastry.
7. On a floured surface, lightly roll out the thawed puff pastry.
8. Slice the puff pastry in half length wise, then sliced to create 10-12 equally sized rectangles.
9. In the center of half the rectangles, add a generous scoop of the chicken mixture.
10. Add another rectangle on top and pinch the edges to seal, crimping with a fork.Carefully lift with a spatula to place on the prepared pan. Brush with an egg wash, poke a fork in the very center to allow steam out while baking, then sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Repeat with remaining puff pastry rectangles.
11. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until puffed up and golden brown. Enjoy warm!