Finished with your Proper Good meal, and looking for a sweet-tooth fix? These cherry hand pies are oh-so-good! Golden crusted pies filled with mouth-watering cherries and citrusy flavors.
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 15
Total Time 30
1 package Short Crust Pastry or Pie Crust Sheet Pastry
1 1/2 cups Fresh or Frozen Cherries, pitted and thawed
2 tbsp. Granulated Cane Sugar
1 Lime, juiced and zested
1 tsp. Cornstarch or All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 tsp. Water
Milk, for brushing
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a small saucepan, toss together the cherries, lime juice, lime zest, sugar, and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water, then pour into the saucepan. Bring it back up to a boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat to cool.
4. Roll out the dough, then slice into 6 squares. Using about 1 tablespoon of cherry filling per hand pie, scoop onto one side of each pastry square. Fold the unfilled side over, then crimp the edges with a fork to seal together.
5. Transfer to the prepared baking pan, brush with a milk wash, then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.