Calling all campers! Proper Good's meals are always ready for the outdoors... and so are these apple crisps! This campfire-friendly dessert features crisp apples, cinnamon and delicious oats.Cooking Info:
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 20
Total Time 30
4 Apples, peeled and sliced or chopped
1/2 cup Quick Oats
1/3 cup Butter, melted (for a vegan option replace butter with 1/4 cup olive oil)
1/3 cup Flour
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
(optional) Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Cut 8 rectangular sheets of heavy-duty aluminum, placing two sheets on top of each other, then fold up the edges to create a bowl-like shape.
2. In a medium bowl, toss together the quick oats, brown sugar, melted butter (or olive oil), flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
3. Evenly distribute the chopped apples among the foil packets, then top with one-fourth of the oat’s mixture.
4. Grill, bake at 350F, or toss in the campfire to cook until the apples are tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy warm!