Estimated time to read 1 minutes
This flavor-packed recipe, made with our Chicken Bone Broth, is sure to wow the dinner table!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
2 Tbs oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs ginger, grated
1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut in large chunks
5 Tbs biryani masala (bay leaf, star anise, cardamon, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves)
4 small tomatoes, chopped
1 cup yogurt
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 cups basmati rice
4 green cardamon pods
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 tsp caraway seeds
1. In large saucepan over medium low heat, warm oil and slowly cook onions, garlic and ginger.
2. Once browned, add chicken and biryani masala. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and cook until they are softened and combined. Add yogurt and fresh cilantro.
4. Cover and simmer on low heat.
5. In a separate pot, combine rice, broth and spices and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add cooked rice to chicken and combine well.