Perfectly fried & seasoned Cauliflower Fritters to enjoy with your favorite Proper Good soup!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
1 c all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup onion, finely diced
1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup avocado oil
1. On high heat, bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Once boiling, cook cauliflower florets for 4 minutes, until softened. Remove from water.
2. Mash cauliflower in a bowl and then add flour, baking powder, onion and cilantro.
3. Add eggs and spices to complete batter for fritters.
4. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Once oil is hot, add fritters to the oil, about 2-3 tablespoons. Do not crowd the pan.
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove and place on a cooling rack or paper towels.
6. Serve immediately with your favorite Proper Good Soup, we love it with the Butternut Squash Soup!