This Italian dish will please the whole breakfast table! It's fluffy, savory and perfect for fun family gatherings.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 15
Total Time 25
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 cup Shallots, sliced
1 lb. Asparagus, ends trimmed and diced into 1" pieces
6 large Eggs
3/4 cup Goat Cheese, or ricotta cheese
1 tbsp. Fresh Chives, chopped
1 cup Shredded Gruyere Cheese, or mozzarella
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1/2 tsp. Salt
1. In a large skillet that is oven safe, add in the olive oil to heat up for 1 minute. Toss in the shallots to sauté for 2-3 more minutes. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 more minutes.
2. In the meantime, whisk together the eggs, chives, black pepper, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Carefully pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stirring with a wooden spatula to mix.
4. Evenly distribute the goat cheese in little chunks on top. Cook until almost set but still runny on top, about 4-5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the shredded gruyere cheese on top.
6. Broil in the oven for 5-6 minutes, or until the cheese on top is golden brown and the frittata has set enjoy warm!
Need more easy, nutritious meals? Check out the whole Proper Good lineup.